Barenblood of Stonemaul discusses his view on many things World of Warcraft, including loot, frustrations, interesting things on Azeroth, guild dynamics, and many other of WoW's little things that seem to be ignored. He seeks to bring your attention to these things to make you laugh, cheer, and even give him some ideas when things aren't going as well as they should. So come and read, you will be glad you took the time, and maybe you will even learn something in the process.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My quest for a new ring continues

Hi there Folks. This is gonna be my first post of my new blog, and I need to start with something that is on my mind today. On my level 54 (soon to be 55) warlock, Mornenion, I am still using a little ring called Charged Gear of the Whale. This is a level 28 Gnomeregan drop from Mekgineer Thermaplugg. I stress the fact that this is a level 28 item on a level 54 character.

Now of course it wasn't an issue in the first 5 levels after. This was mainly due to the fact I was searching for the Tumultuous Ring of the Sorcerer from the Satchel of Helpful Goods to replace my other ring whose name escapes me. No luck, I kept get "of stamina" or "of the soldier". Until the day I finally lucked out and got the ring I needed. But at this point my other ring, the before-mentioned Charged Gear, was in need of upgrading. But at that point, I leveled past the bracket for getting the ring and was forced to accept boots and shoulder pads I had no use for.  

Now fast forward to today. I have been running Blackrock Depths for just about a week now for Gorosh the Dervish in the Ring of the Law. My hope was that I would get him and loot his drop Bloodclot Band as an upgrade. Sadly, this has not happened yet. However, today, I saw a major upgrade drop. From Emperor Dagran Thaurissan himself, Emperor's Seal of the Owl dropped right then and there. I was so excited, until I remembered we had a mage in the group. Sure enough, he rolled need on the ring. I was sitting biting my nails, when, just as I had suspected, I lost the roll with a 5. Needless to say I was angry.

All my attempts to run BRD after that were, to put it bluntly, terribly unsuccessful. The first one was a group of complainers wining that they wanted to do DM yet they wanted to do a random to. Make up your mind. The second group was just fail beyond fail. We wiped on the first trash mob. The third group after just fell apart because to many people had real life problems to deal with. I guess that's alright but why queue if you know you have something coming. After that I decided to give up for the day and just quest.  

So, this is where I am left, having a ring that is rapidly falling out of par with all my other gear. I am always looking on the auction house, doing more random dungeons, killing creatures, and any other thing I can do just to get a passable upgrade. But then again I shouldn't really complain. Most of the other gear I have is pretty good, more than enough to make up for the ring stats I am missing.

This is Barenblood, signing off of his first blog post. More to come, and remember, if you ain't WOWing, you ain't living baby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment